Come Join the Dean Technology Team!
DTI offers competitive salaries, excellent health, vision, dental, life insurance and work/life balance in a challenging and rewarding environment. We are experiencing a period of significant growth and are looking for energetic Team members to grow with us.
Dean Technology is seeking a hands-on Controller to provide financial leadership in reporting, budgeting, forecasting and general oversight of all accounting personnel and finance operations. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of accounting principles and processes and will work collaboratively with the CEO to actively engage in cost control and revenue maximization to help improve the company’s overall bottom line.
The Controller will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage all aspects of month-end close, including variance analysis, entries, account reconciliations, and preliminary reporting to ensure that financials are complete and materially accurate
- Prepare, monitor, and measure annual operating budgets
- Provide oversight of all accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Review cost accounting and inventory transactions to ensure per-unit manufacturing costs are in line with standard costing
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages
- Participate in management meetings and provide analysis to support business decisions
- Coordinate and manage external audit process
- Monitor and manage operating cash flow
- Coordinate and consolidate foreign financial reporting from partners and distributors
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Manage the financial team consisting of Senior Accountant, AR, AP personnel, setting priorities, providing guidance and support for all daily functions
- Ability to work independently and provide support to other departments at DTI as needed
- Provide support to Human Resources with payroll and benefits administration functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent; CPA preferred, but not required
- 7-10 years of experience working in an accounting/finance management role
- Minimum 3+ years at the Controller level
- Financial experience in a manufacturing environment, with electronics manufacturing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with cost accounting preferred
- Epicor ERP experience a plus, but not required
- Full-Time position
- Excellent health benefits, dental, vision and 401k
- Company paid, Short- and Long-Term Disability as well as $50,000 of Life Insurance
We are a private firm that specialized in designing and manufacturing high voltage product solutions serving the industrial, medical and commercial sectors. We are an established company with three locations in the USA, a presence in Europe, as well as a manufacturing operation in China.
There will be a 90-day evaluation period for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.