Senior Electrical Design Engineer
|Reports To:||Engineering Manager|
Responsible for the design and development of new and existing product lines including high voltage power supplies and products for various customer applications.
Analog and Mixed signal designer with strong team mentorship capabilities, responsible for developing new and existing product lines including high voltage power supplies, Analog or Digital control loop theory and products for various customer applications.
- Review and evaluate customer requirements for new products and designs.
- Perform in depth bench top analysis, blue wire modifications, schematic modification, BOM management, and brainstorm discussions with the design team.
- Implement all electronics design activity including both Analog and Digital Type II and Type-III Closing both digital and Analog control loops ranging from Type analog and digital controls, transformer and voltage multiplier design, and peripheral design to produce high voltage products.
- Lead and coordinate the defined project with other engineering personnel, provide management updates, technical reviews, and reports for customers as required.
- Product design including PCB layout interface, mechanical design interface, cost effective manufacturing planning, technical reviews, and customer quotations.
- Provide technical communication with customers and suppliers as required.
- Provide initial production qualification, testing, and documentation to ensure manufacturing and quality processes.
- Define and implement reliability and extended life test programs.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in generating work packages for efficient transfer of new designs to production.
- Will often assign work to technicians, share responsibilities with other engineers on the project team, and direct outside vendors and consultants as needed.
- Willing to research and learn new approaches and technologies.
- Detail oriented to get products to market with minimal redesign.
- Ability to work independently and provide support to other departments at DTI as needed.
- BSEE degree and proven electronic design skill with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience.
- Fully capable of implementing Type II and type III controllers.
- Must be fluent in one of the following areas: 1) high frequency switching power supply design preferred, 2) DC-to-DC conversion with feedback compensation.
- Must be willing to learn high voltage power supply design.
- Experience in voltage multipliers and transformer sizing and magnetics.
We offer benefits, which include health insurance, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and a 401k to the right candidate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.