SMT Manufacturing Engineer
|Reports To:||Production manager|
SMT Manufacturing Engineer responsible for establishing and evaluating SMT and selective soldering Printed Circuit Board Assembly processes. The Engineer will have a dual role as an SMT Manufacturing Engineer as well as the SMT Supervisor.
- Run all day to day activities on the SMT production line.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the SMT manufacturing line personnel.
- Process Development and Process Improvement for SMT.
- Support prototype builds in addition to production and make DFM recommendations.
- Provide programming and technical support for the SMT processing equipment.
- Manage and meet goals for performance and metrics.
- Communicate with management and engineering regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations, to facilitate production and prototype builds.
- Implementation of Engineer Change Orders to the SMT process and products.
- Flexibility and the initiative to take on other roles/processes outside of the SMT area as needed.
- Able to understand, analyze and improve upon the SMT processes.
- Able to ensure that the SMT production line is performing in a time-efficient and cost-effective method while maintaining production quality.
- Requires knowledge of problem reporting tools and configuration management, Industrial Standards (IPC, ANSI, and MIL) and hands on experience with various component packages and PCB materials.
- Must be highly responsive and possess good problem-solving skills.
- A high integrity “can-do” attitude team player with the ability to work well with all internal/external teams with pro-active sharing of knowledge and a strong sense of urgency.
- Sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with manufacturing/production operations and concepts i.e. shop floor management, production control, quality control, AOI, manufacturing and test methods, work center scheduling, and manpower needed.
- Ability to plan, organize and successfully manage tasks, assignments and projects.
- Ability to provide well written recurring process reports to senior management.
- Proven experience of continuous improvement, lean or Six Sigma principles.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree and/or certified SMT designation.
- Experience with MYCRONIC or any similar SMT equipment.
- Experience with Selective Solder process.
- 3 years of hands-on SMT experience.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- Experience in manufacturing with lead-free processes.
- Familiarity with ISO9001/ISO13485 quality requirements.
- Familiarity with establishing cleanliness requirements and measurement processes.
We offer benefits, which include health insurance, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and a 401k to the right candidate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.