|Reports To:||Production Manager|
The SMT operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the SMT line, the selective soldering and other soldering processes, as well as selected Printed Circuit Board Assembly processes.
- Run all day to day activities on the SMT production line.
- Help plan, direct and coordinate the production jobs.
- Support Process Development and Process Improvement for SMT.
- Support prototype builds and make DFM recommendations.
- Provide programming, functional, and technical support for the SMT processing equipment.
- Work to meet the goals for performance and metrics.
- Communicate with the SMT supervisor and engineering regarding manufacturing capabilities, issues, production schedules, and other considerations, to facilitate production and prototype builds.
- Have flexibility and the initiative to take on other roles/processes outside of the SMT area as needed.
- Able to program equipment as well as understand and analyze the SMT processes.
- Requires knowledge of problem reporting tools and configuration management, Industrial Standards (IPC, ANSI, and MIL) and hands on experience with various component packages and PCB materials.
- Must be highly responsive and possess good problem-solving skills.
- A high integrity “can-do” attitude team player with the ability to work well with all internal/external teams with pro-active sharing of knowledge and a strong sense of urgency.
- Familiarity with manufacturing/production operations and concepts i.e. shop floor management, production control, quality control, AOI, manufacturing and test methods, work center scheduling, and manpower needed.
- Ability to plan, organize and successfully manage tasks, assignments and projects.
- Willing to learn SMT equipment and processes.
- Experience with MYCRONIC or any similar SMT equipment.
- Experience with the Selective Solder process.
- 1 year of hands-on SMT experience.
- Experience in manufacturing with lead-free processes.
- Familiarity with ISO9001/ISO13485 quality requirements.
- Familiarity with cleanliness requirements.
We offer benefits, which include health insurance, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and a 401k to the right candidate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.