Supply Chain Manager
Come Join the Dean Technology Team!
DTI offers competitive salaries, excellent health, dental, life insurance and work/life balance in a challenging and rewarding environment. We are experiencing a period of significant growth and are looking for energetic Team members to grow with us.
Position will manage all purchasing and material handling activity for the Company, including department resources, personnel, vendor and supplier relationships, and interdepartmental activities to support all aspects of manufacturing business. Will develop, improve, monitor, and manage processes and procedures for controlling inventory, materials, supplies, tools, systems, schedules, suppliers, and vendors. Will work with internal and external resources, both domestic and overseas, to ensure efficient business operations. Monitors, maintains, and reports purchasing performance including cost reductions, containment actions, and adherence to schedules. Assists with identifying opportunities for cost reductions and new sources for materials as well as their qualification.
Responsible for the procurement and management of all materials and subassemblies used by the Company in the design, manufacture, and distribution of electronic components, assemblies, and systems including:
· Oversees the acquisition of all services and materials.
· Manages relationships with both domestic and international suppliers and vendors.
· Works with Quality Assurance and Engineering to qualify and approve suppliers and vendors.
· Provide sourcing support to Engineering for new product designs
· Monitors and reports on supplier performance.
· Visits suppliers when necessary to review their processes and quality.
· Reviews and approves all purchase requisitions.
· Regularly and actively adjusts procurement schedules to meet ever changing production needs and ensure on time deliveries to meet customer delivery schedules.
· Actively works to reduce all procurement costs, improve delivery schedules, and control total material costs.
· Regularly produces metrics to help Company monitor and manage all aspects of inventory and material management.
· Manage the generation and coordination of kits to coincide with customers’ schedule requirements.
· Monitors, coordinates, and reacts to customer forecasts and orders.
· Creates requirements in computer system (MRP), component and supplier forecasts, purchase requisitions, and production kits (per BOMs), while utilizing current inventory to meet customers’ requests.
· Initiates and oversees contractual agreements with worldwide suppliers and subcontractors as required.
· Controls and monitors all aspects of carrier relationships, contracts, and costs.
· Monitors part numbering and data entry in MRP to ensure consistency and compliance with Company policy.
· Works regularly with Production Planner to adapt to all aspects of purchasing and manufacturing schedules and ensure smooth and efficient operations.
College degree in Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management (or equivalent) and four to six years’ experience as a high-level buyer, including supervisory experience.
PREFERABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
· Experience with procurement of electronic components and overseas sourcing.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Extensive ERP/MRP experience in driving efficient material support to manufacturing operations.
· Results-oriented with experience in effectively managing a diverse product line supply chain.
We are a private firm that specializes in designing and manufacturing high voltage product solutions serving the industrial, medical and commercial sectors. We are an established company with locations in the USA, Europe, China, and Taiwan.
This is a full-time position in Addison, TX with the offer of benefits, which include health insurance, vision, life, STD, LTD, dental and 401k to the right candidate.
There will be a 90-day evaluation period as a Supply Chain Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.