Senior Engineering Technician
|Reports To:||Engineering Manager|
Experienced electronics technician needed for a growing high voltage power supply development company. This person should have a strong electronics background and be comfortable troubleshooting to component level. Prefer background knowledge of high voltage and traditional power supply topologies. Good soldering skills, electronic parts, and basic mechanical knowledge are required. Ability to work with minimal supervision is critical. The ideal candidate must be a team player.
- A 2-year Associate degree in electronics with 6 years experience (as an electronics technician or other design/support experience)
- Solid electronic circuit understanding
- Able to read schematics
- Proficient with standard lab equipment (Multi-meter, Function generator, Power meter, O’scope)
- Experienced in electronic troubleshooting at the PCB level
- Able to solder with tweezers and small surface mount components using microscopes
- Experienced working with both digital and analog systems
- Understanding of both development and production environments
- Mechanical ability based on past work history
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Skilled in full MS Office suite
- Familiar with schematic capture tools
- Familiar with BOM’s
- Good attitude and work ethic in a team environment
- Have satisfactory English written/reading communication
- Be adaptable to changing environments
- Able to handle heavy lab equipment
- Certified J-STD (does not need to be up to date)
- Experienced with PADS schematic capture tool
- Experienced with power supplies, DC to DC, AC to DC, Buck, Boost, Flyback etc.
- Experienced with high voltage >500V
- Familiar with MS Visio
We offer benefits, which include health insurance, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and a 401k to the right candidate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the person so classified. Nor is this summary an employment contract or promise of ongoing employment.